Health Safety & Environment (ISO 14001)
Technical Integrity Review Checklists
Completed in the FEED and Detailed Design phase of the project.
Oil and Gas Construction Projects
Design HSE/Technical Integrity Review Checklists have been developed to assist engineers in assessing the key HSE-related issues within their own areas of expertise and experience. The checklists may also be used when conducting Design HSE Reviews with Design Contractors, or when assessing the design of (Plant Modifications).
During the design phase of Oil and Gas construction projects, it is important that all members of the project team are involved in assessing whether HSE-related aspects of the design, including those related to construction and operation, are being fully addressed.
In order to provide safer new facilities there are a number of key areas that need to be addressed in the design, (regardless of the size of the project):
- Use of appropriate Codes and Standards;
- Application of the principles of “Inherently Safer Design” wherever possible;
- Identification and understanding of the hazards and risks;
- Ensuring the technical integrity of the facilities;
- Ensuring that facilities can be constructed safely;
- Ensuring that facilities can be operated and maintained safely.
Next set of Construction Quality Control Inspection Check Sheets >